I decided I will make a post dedicated to the supplements I use. I originally wasn’t going to make a such post because I didn’t feel I used many supplements to begin with. I’m not a guy trying to get “huge”. I’m lean and I like it that way. Nonetheless I use supplements for a few different reasons. One is they make it easier to reach my daily nutrition goals, where just eating food would make this much more difficult. And two, because they provide my body with the vitamins and minerals I might be missing from dieting alone. I won’t say you “must have these the succeed” but I would say they are worth a look. Especially when you are putting in the effort during Beachbody workouts like P90X or Insanity.
I really only use about 5 supplements and only 3 of them daily. So without further ado here they are:
- Shakeology – This is by far the best supplement I take. If you have to only use one, this is the one I’d suggest. I started using Shakeology back in 2009 and have been using it daily ever since. It does come at a premium price but I feel you get what you pay for in this respect. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals and is way more than a simple protein shake so don’t compare it to those. It’s up to you to decide if it’s in your budget or not, for me it’s a no brainer.
Either way if you’d like to learn more about it click here.
- Whey Protein – My nutrition is set at a 50-30-20 macronutrient ratio currently which means 50% of my diet is protein. And that is a lot to get from food. It’s just more practical for me to use a whey protein powder than to try to consume a ton of lean meat every day. Some days I’ll use as many as 3 scoops of Whey protein giving me 60 grams of protein. Team Beachbody has a high quality flavor neutral protein called The Base Shake but I have been using GNC’s Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 for years now and I have come accustomed to the taste so it is what I prefer.
You can learn more about The Base Shake by clicking here.
- Omega 3 – I’m didn’t really consider this a “supplement” before but it really is. I have been using these daily for a few month’s now. Omega 3 is simply fish oil that supports a healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels as well as brain, skin eye and joint health. Going through a program like Asylum or Insanity is hard on the joints and I don’t have joint pain as much since I have been using these daily.
Click here to learn more about our Omega 3.
- Energy & Endurance – This is an awesome energy pre-workout boost. I used Jack3d in the past but it made me feel way to jittery and it tasted horrible. Beachbody’s Energy & Endurance actually works very similar to Jack3d minus the jitters and it tastes much better. It’s kinda sweet and sour lemon tasting. You have the option of using one or two scoops depending on the intensity and length of your workout. I don’t us this everyday but once in a while when I feel I need a pick me up before my workout I’ll drink this and it really gets me going.
Learn More about the EnE drink here.
- Results & Recovery – Perhaps one of the best tasting supplements on the market today, the Results and Recovery formula is just awesome. When you go hard on you workout you need to get out the catabolic state and back into the anabolic state as soon as possible. It doesn’t have a lot of protein but it does have a lot of fast absorbing carbs. This is something I will only use after a hard workout like Insanity or P90X2. It’s not designed to us after a light workout, you could actually hamper your results. SO only take this after an intense workout.
Learn more by clicking here.
That concludes my Favorite supplement that I use daily, using just those few someone can get amazing results. But there are a few other’s I use on occasion that some of you may want to try or even use daily.
Did you find this post helpful?? Do me a quick favor and share it with your friends! “Tweet it”, “Like it” or “Pin it” to help someone else who may be going through the same struggles as you! . Very much appreciated.
Yours In Success,
Work With Me - Join Us!
WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, or ideas below in the comments!