Not only is Shakeology is a meal replacement shake considered the “Healthiest Meal of The Day” to help you lose weight, increase your energy, help regulate you and so much more. But there are also so many other ways Shakeology can be used on a daily basis that I figured we could cover some of them in this post. As Tony Horton says, “variety is the spice of life.” So if you are looking for different ways to use Shakeology this is for you.
As A Supplement Meal
Probably the most popular way many use Shakeology is as a healthy shake for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Shakeology formulas (flavors) vary in calories from 140-170. You can up the calorie count by adding extra ingredients like fruit and milk.
Shakeology is a very nutrient-rich shake and is a perfect snack for anyone doing an intense workout routine like P90X. Since it is very low in fat the nutrients are put to use quickly by your body. It’s a great pick-me-up type of snack when you are on the go. Using Shakeology as a snack gives you the flexibility to use 1/2 or a full scoop depending on your calories goals. One key to losing weight is to eat smaller frequent meals throughout the day (5-6 meals). I personally use Shakeology as a snack and it helps keep my metabolism revving and my body burning fat, how perfect is that.
When doing an intense workout like P90X2 or Insanity, Shakeology can be a great pre-workout snack. Simply drink your shake about 1 hour prior to your workout. Shakeology will help you get the most of your routine especially during the latter part of your workout if your glycogen stores have been depleted.
Both Tony Horton (P90X Trainer) and Brett Hoebel (RevAbs Trainer) recommend drinking Shakeology as a post-workout shake. And this is because your body is in a state of depletion and Shakeology can help you recover.
Here are several reasons why Shakeology is a good post-workout supplement:
- Calories: I see a lot of people make the mistake (including myself) taking in too many calories right after their workout. The rule of thumb is 100-250 calories as a post workout. At 140 to 170 calories, Shakeology fills this requirement perfectly.
- Protein: You will want protein after a good workout, protein helps repair your muscles. Shakeology contains between 15 to 18 grams of high quality protein per serving.
- Replenish Electrolytes: The magnesium, sodium, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes in Shakeology will boost your electrolytes.
Natural Energy Boost
For a natural energy boost Shakeology is a better way to go. Shakeology will give you sustained energy while providing the nutrients your body needs. Plus it’s low glycemic which will help keep your blood sugar levels stable. Compared to something such as a Red Bull where you get an up-front boost of energy that dies off quickly, it’s easier to see why Shakeology is the better choice here.
Late Night Sweet Cravings
If you are like me, sometimes by the end of the day you are craving something sweet. Instead of going for something high in sugar and low in nutrition, try whipping up a nutritious Shakeology recipe. Even getting creative is a great way to battle the late night munchies. Some of my favorite are the Shakeology Strawberry Banana Soft-Serve Ice cream (recipe below). Drinking Shakeology as a shake will be better at night as you want to keep your higher calorie meals earlier in the day. Either way Shakeology is better than grabbing that cupcake or brownies.
Last but not least is using Shakeology as a Healthy dessert. There are so many ways to make Shakeology a healthy dessert, such as pies, peanut butter cups (recipe below) and even a chocolate mousse. These desserts have more than 70+ healthy ingredients in them, now you can have your cake and eat it too!
Strawberry Banana Soft-Serve Ice Cream
(Makes 2 servings, 1/3 cup each)
1 large ripe banana, chopped
½ cup frozen strawberries
6 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Tropical Strawberry or Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
1. Place banana in a plastic bag and freeze for 4 hours or until completely frozen.
2. Place frozen banana, frozen strawberries, almond milk and Shakeology in food processor or blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Peanut Butter Cups
(Makes 12 Peanut Butter Cups)
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
2 scoops Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
1 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
½ cup pumpkin puree (canned)
8 mini cupcake liners
6 tsp. natural smooth peanut butter, divided use
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chocolate chips in small oven-proof bowl and heat in oven for 15 minutes or until melted.
2. While the chocolate is melting, place Shakeology, psyllium husk, and pumpkin puree in food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
3. Divide dough into 12 small balls and portion into each cupcake liner. Press dough down into a flat disk with depression in the middle. Place ½ tsp. peanut butter into each depression.
4. Remove chocolate from oven and stir to melt completely. Drizzle evenly over each cup and spread to create a thin chocolate layer on top (about ½ tsp. chocolate per cup).
5. Freeze for 30 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Did you find this post helpful?? Do me a quick favor and share it with your friends! “Tweet it”, “Like it” or “Pin it” to help someone else who may be going through the same struggles as you! . Very much appreciated.
Yours In Success,
Work With Me - Join Us!
WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, or ideas below in the comments!