Often times, people go into a fitness regime like P90X and the Insanity Workout with the thought that they will readily achieve the goals they have set out for themselves. And what happens in a lot of cases is that they start to get dejected when they realize they are not meeting the goals in the time they feel they should. If you happen to be one of those people who work out, diet and still unfortunately do not see the results, there may be a reason for that. Let’s take a look at the following five reasons that could be preventing you from getting the results you want.
Top 5 Reason’s You’re Not Seeing Results
- The amount of calories you take in ties in directly with the amount of weight you are able to lose. Most people are aware that over-eating calories can result in excess fat being stored in the body. However, not everybody is aware that under-eating can actually create the same effect. When you give your body fewer calories than it needs, it starts to think that you are starving it of calories and as a result goes into preservation mode. This means it holds onto all of the calories it can get because you are lessening your caloric intake. What you need to do is figure out how many calories are ideal for somebody of your body type, weight and body fat percentage interested in losing weight, and try to stick to that number.
- Especially with women, there is the common misconception that if the scale does not budge, you are not achieving results. What you need to do as opposed to going on the scale and weighing all the time is take measurements. Often times, while we are working out, we start to build muscle while we burn fat. However, what also happens is that we lose inches from those bulky areas that you are concentrating on slimming down. You will probably be surprised once you take measurements that you are achieving even more than you thought you were.
- At times, the body gets used to a particular exercise routine and as a result stops producing the results people are looking for. What you should consider doing is varying the intensity and duration of your workouts so you prevent your muscles and your body overall from becoming bored. Muscle confusion in P90X is the name of that concept and it works to keep your body burning all the time.
- In some cases when people do not achieve their weight loss and fitness goals, it is because they are eating the wrong things while they are working out and dieting. Basically, you would need to eat less junk food and sugar and consume higher levels of fiber. It is also important to break you meals up into smaller, more frequent servings. That way, your body can more effectively metabolize what you have consumed. Also, remember that exercise causes oxidative stress on the body so you need to eat foods rich in antioxidants that prevent oxidative stress. Things like beans, oats, broccoli and salmon are good examples. Click here for more nutrition tips.
- What people are often surprised about is the importance of rest to achieving fitness goals. After working out, it is important to give your muscles all the rest they need. When you work out, your muscles burn protein and energy stores which they need to recover. Paying less attention to resting them and allowing them to recover could result in you not seeing the outcome you expect.
So there you have it – five have simple reasons that could be hindering your fitness results. You will be surprised how quickly you will see things turn around if you make some minor adjustments.
Did you find this post helpful?? Do me a quick favor and share it with your friends! “Tweet it”, “Like it” or “Pin it” to help someone else who may be going through the same struggles as you! . Very much appreciated.
Yours In Success,
Work With Me - Join Us!
WHAT DO YOU THINK? LEAVE YOUR QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, or ideas below in the comments!